Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ye Olde Piano!

So, this is our new "old" piano. My dad is an avid Tradio listener and that is how we found this beauty. It is actually 110 years old, but it has a great sound to it. One of the keys came undone, but all we need to do is rewire it which shouldn't be too hard we are told. The guy we bought it from used to have an antique store. This piano is not all that great looking but I have plans to sand it and stain it, then paint all the ugly green stuff. I have a vision in my head for it. We figured for $250 it was a good deal, especially since we won't be able to buy a "new" piano for quite some time and I really want the kids to learn to play. It is no match to Sally's beautiful new piano Darren got her for Christmas, but it will do for a while. I will post pictures of it when I have it looking a lot better than it does now.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Oh Kimber, my piano doesn't really look as great as it looks in the picture. Just some fancy photoshopin' there and the glow of Christmas lights. Besides it's all about the sound eh? Let me know how your refinishing goes. I have been thinking about the same!

Jenny said...

You go girl!!! I'm sure the finished product will look great. Good luck with the piano lessons when they come around. Braedon hates to hold still any more than five minutes. We decided it would be good for his attention spand to take lessons.

Cassie said...

I love it Kim. I think it will look great to when you refinish it. I love to take something old and fix it up.
Your girls are going to love it!